Are you looking for a senior development position with an organization with a proven track record of raising funds and a healthy balance sheet seeking to move to the next level? Then, look no further. Cancer CAREpoint seeks an entrepreneurial, outcome-driven, and creative fundraising professional to lead Cancer CAREpoint to the next tier of fundraising to fulfill our vision that no one should face cancer alone.
The Director of Development, reporting to the Executive Director (ED), is both a strategic thinker, identifying the overall fundraising strategy to expand our donor base and the infrastructure required to do this as well as a hands-on fundraiser, building on the infrastructure to cultivate and grow relationships in the community. S/He will develop a forward-looking and sustainable strategic plan for fundraising focused on expanding and diversifying income sources from individuals, corporations, and foundations.
Cancer CAREpoint is at an exciting moment in its trajectory. After 10 years of expanding our services and building a base of support in the community and responding to the needs of cancer patients, survivors, family members, and caregivers, we are seeking to aggressively expand our community partnerships and the individuals we serve, to further meet the needs in underrepresented communities with financial support, care navigation, and health education. To do this we seek an energetic and creative leader for our fundraising needs.
- Develop and execute annual fundraising plan in conjunction with Executive Director and Board
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with donors
- Extend and formalize existing Legacy Giving Program
- Oversee and manage all aspects of writing, mailing and producing mail appeals
- Oversee external and internal fundraising events
- Oversee annual golf and Garden Party events working with volunteers, staff and board members
- Research, develop, write and track proposals for corporate and foundation fundraising
- Working with Director of Client Services, submit appropriate grant summary reports
· 5 – 10 years of experience in a related field or relevant skills
· Success in making fundraising solicitation asks and growing donors and donations
· Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
· Experience in structuring a development department to hire the right people for maintenance as well as growth.
· Knowledge of Raisers Edge or similar donor management system required
· Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications and fundraising strategies
· Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
· Relationship builder and team player
· Ability to work on both the strategic and tactical level
· Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
· Passionate about the mission of Cancer CAREpoint and supporting cancer patients and families in our community.