ABOUT WASHINGTON HOSPITAL HEALTHCARE FOUNDATION
For more than 60 years, Washington Hospital Healthcare System (WHHS) has served the Bay Area’s southern Alameda County communities. We are an award-winning, community Hospital committed to meeting the needs of the Washington Township Health Care District residents who have owned and steadfastly supported us since 1958.
WHHS has strategically partnered with leading medical institutions – like our growing affiliation with UCSF Health – to bring academic-level medical research, programs, and experts to our local community. Being a district-funded Hospital allows us to invest in state-of-the-art health care facilities and technologies that keep us on the forefront of medical innovation.
The staff of Washington Hospital are driven by our Patient First Ethic and note the sense of teamwork, the support of physicians and Administration, and the generous benefits package as top reasons to work for our Healthcare System.
Established in 1983, The Washington Hospital Healthcare Foundation (WHHF) is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization chartered to raise financial support and public awareness of Washington Hospital Healthcare System. WHHF has funded many important Hospital initiatives to help meet the heath care needs of district residents. By partnering with local companies, organizations and philanthropists, WHHF raises nearly $2M annually through well-developed, comprehensive efforts including events, major and planned giving, grants, a grateful patient program and more.
For more information, please visit www.whhs.com/giving-volunteering/our-foundation .
The Executive Director is accountable for establishing and maintaining the strategic direction, administration, and programs of the Washington Hospital Healthcare Foundation (WHHF). The role is responsible for the organizational and financial success of WHHF, such that it meets established objectives in support of Washington Hospital Healthcare System.
Key duties include major gifts, planned giving, capital campaign, board development, strategic planning, and community outreach. In addition to performing the essential functions listed below, may also be assigned other duties as required.
The Executive Director reports to the Chief Executive Officer of the Washington Hospital Healthcare System. The position will supervise three talented foundation staff members (one yet to be filled) and works closely with the WHHF Board of Trustees. The position is a member of the hospital’s senior management team.
· Manage and implement successful fundraising strategies to achieve desired outcomes to support the strength and sustainability of the Washington Hospital healthcare Foundation
· Manage all aspects of fundraising, board development and oversight, fiscal oversight, staff management, external affairs, and related activities of the Foundation.
· Develop and implement a comprehensive advancement program including the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of personal, foundation and corporate donors that will significantly enhance the Foundation.
· Manage a major gifts portfolio of 50-75 qualified and unqualified prospects capable of giving $10,000 or more.
· Conduct transformational, major and planned gift solicitations.
· Prepare and manage strategic and annual operating plans and budgets for the Foundation.
· Identify individual, corporate and foundation prospects and develops solicitation strategies.
· Serve as the chief administrative officer of the Foundation and a non-voting officer of the Executive Committee.
· Develop board agendas in collaboration with the Board President and Executive Committee.
· Work with the board of trustees to fulfill the organization's mission and to ensure that the board can successfully fulfill its oversight responsibilities.
· Manage and direct Foundation trustees and volunteers to work within organizational structures to help meet the fundraising goals of the Foundation.
· Provide leadership, resources, and direction to Foundation trustees to strengthen volunteer leadership.
· Hire, supervise, and evaluate the work of the Foundation’s staff, and provide professional growth and development opportunities.
· Oversee related special events when appropriate and supportive of overall mission.
· Oversee Foundation investment strategies and policies.
· Propose new or appropriate modifications to existing Foundation Bylaws, operating, gift acceptance and investment policies.
· Work with outside legal, investment, fundraising, research, communications and computer consultants in the planning and execution of Foundation programs.
· Propose and implement strategies for volunteer involvement for Foundation activities.
· Supervise the creation of a variety of reports/analyses for different forums; gather data, formulate assumptions, analyze trends and suggest solutions.
· Serve as the spokesperson for WHHF at internal and external events, related professional organizations and conferences.
· Oversee and assure best practices as it involves Raiser’s Edge data base. Oversee conversion to NXT platform in future.
· Maintain visibility in the community.
· Work closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations.
· Participating in community organizations and activities as Hospital and Foundation representative.
· Maintain best practices in all aspects of the duties of a senior Foundation executive
· Other duties as required.
· · Five years or more experience serving as an executive director of a foundation or chief advancement officer of a non-profit, preferably in healthcare
· Ten years or more progressively challenging fundraising experience, with some experience again preferably in healthcare[SGG1]
· Strong and verifiable track record in securing transformational, major and planned gifts
· Knowledge of and experience with annual fund, foundation grant writing, corporate sponsorship strategies, planned gifts, marketing and communications and board governance
· Senior management and supervision experience of multiple employees
· Strong experience working with Boards of Directors/Trustees, doctors, healthcare professionals and senior administration
· Experience with financial asset management, including Investments management, preferred
· Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree in philanthropy, business administration, or health services or equivalent professional experience, preferred
Fundraising Executive (CFRE) certification and Certified Specialist in Planned
Giving (CPG) certification highly desirable
· Grateful patient program development experience preferred
· Advanced knowledge of and aptitude with Raiser’s Edge Fundraising software and other software
· Outstanding written and verbal communications
· Campaign experience preferred
· Experience with and ability to manage marketing and communications efforts
· Knowledge of and experience with HIPAA, HITECH and IRS regulations as they relate to charitable giving in a health care environment, preferred
· Demonstrates knowledge of Foundation Bylaws, Standing Rules, and policies and procedures.
· Calm demeanor, discretion, self-confidence, and determination required
· Passion for and commitment to the mission of WHHF
SALARY OR SALARY RANGE
The salary range for this position is $170,000 to $240,000 plus full benefits.
To demonstrate our commitment to equity and equal pay for all, Cook Silverman Search posts salary ranges on all of its job descriptions. The practice of not posting salaries perpetuates the gender wage gap and discriminates against people of color by causing individuals to negotiate from a disadvantaged starting point.
To apply for this position, or for additional information on the opportunity, please send a copy of your resume with a cover letter to Victoria Silverman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications and inquiries will receive a response and be kept strictly confidential.
WHHF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.