An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above and any additional responsibilities as directed as well as satisfy the educational and skill requirements listed below:
Education and/or Experience:
Education: High school diploma or equivalent GED
- Strong Proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Google Applications;
- Experience and proficiency working with a donor database, Altru or similar;
- 5-7 years working in an administrative role;
- Previous experience working in a not-for-profit a plus;
- Previous experience working in an environment with many volunteers a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Communicate (listening and speaking) effectively with donors, vendors and employees of the organization;
- Confidence in handling both face-to-face and telephone interactions with donors;
- Provide excellent planning and project management skills;
- High proficiency in a PC, Windows environment and Microsoft Office products as well as Google Applications;
- Demonstrate a strong customer service orientation;
- Work independently while maintaining open and transparent communications about duties and project status, within the bounds of the area of responsibility and authority;
- Demonstrate consistent and exceptional attention to detail, resourcefulness and an ability to think through an issue and anticipate possible problems, obstacles, and conflicts;
- Be organized and follow through on tasks to a successful completion;
- Display impeccable discretion, confidentiality, judgment, graciousness and flexibility at all times;
- Take direction, multi-task and work in an environment of regular interruptions;
- Work and communicate successfully with a highly diverse population of staff, volunteers, members, Board Members, donors and the public;
- Serve as a collaborative team member with strong interpersonal skills and a sense of humor;
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A valid Driver’s License is required.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job including:
- Lift/carry items up to 20 pounds;
- Stand, walk across uneven terrain, climb stairs, reach, lift, carry and bend frequently as well as sit for long periods at a computer.
HOW TO APPLY
- Candidates with the above prerequisites are invited to submit their resumes along with a cover letter outlining their related experience and background to: https://filoli.applicantstack.com/x/openings
- Possession of minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview.
- Please, no phone calls.
- Thank you for your interest in Filoli!
Please visit our website for more information: www.filoli.org
Filoli is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in the workplace.