Development and Communications Manager
Join us in our mission to strengthening the hope and resilience of our community members by improving their health, mental health and well-being.
The Development and Communications Manager is responsible for fundraising, marketing communications and branding for AACI and our various programs. The Development and Communications Manager develops community relationships and leads the Resource Development team to deliver success in managing external communications, maintaining positive external relationships, and increasing community awareness of AACI through marketing content creation.
This role reports to the Director of Development and may work with AACI’s Board of Directors to carry out the agency’s overall resource development plan.
We provide our employees:
- 11 Paid Holidays and your Birthday off!
- Paid Vacation and Sick time
- Comprehensive benefit plan with four Health Plan Options
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with match
- Professional development opportunities
- Eligibility for student loan repayment assistance
- AACI named Bay Area Top Workplaces 2019
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Business, Communications, Public Health or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Three to five years of work experience in resource development, grant writing, communications or marketing.
- Experience with fundraising fundamentals including donor cultivation, annual giving, marketing and communications development work in a community-based organization or related field.
- High level of interpersonal and management skills, ability to work easily and effectively with a wide range of people including major donors, board members, fellow staff members, corporate, foundation and other nonprofit representatives.
- Excellent written communication skills, along with highly effective verbal communications and engaging presentation skills
- Experience with planning large fundraising events from conception to execution to post event follow-up and analysis.
- Valid Driver’s License, vehicle for agency travel and current automobile insurance and an MVR sufficient to obtain and reasonably maintain insurability under agency auto liability policies are all essential job requirements.
- Familiarity with customer relationship management (CRM) tools such as Bloomerang.
- Ability to effectively build organization and staff capacity and to develop a highly effective and dedicated workforce.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office suite of programs, graphic design preferred.
- Ability to work irregular hours or shifts, and on nights, weekends, or holidays when needed.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies, the public, and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to communicate well with people of diverse cultural professional and experiential backgrounds
Apply now and join a great team of caring people.