Development Director 80-100% time ($70,000-$80,000/year)
1-2 days/week remote work as an option, in office 2-3 days/week
Green Foothills protects the open space, farmland, and natural resources of San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties for the benefit of all through advocacy, education, and grassroots action. Founded in 1962, we envision a resilient region where wildlife thrive, everyone has natural beauty to enjoy, and communities live in balance with nature. See our 2018 annual report.
Our Values 1) Expertise: We advocate based on knowledge and experience, 2) Persistence: We courageously and resolutely pursue our vision 3) Integrity: We accomplish our mission with ethical and thoughtful action, and 4) Camaraderie: We are inclusive and collaborative.
Green Foothills is searching for a Development Director to lead all development efforts. You will have the opportunity to systematically strengthen the structure and sustainability of the organization by growing our 1,000 household membership and managing our fundraising strategies. This includes the year-end appeal, annual gala sponsorship and ticket sales, legacy giving, major gifts, donor acknowledgement, and online fundraising in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties. This role requires strong leadership, a compelling communication style, an entrepreneurial spirit, and experience in a similar role. You will be supported by the entire staff of 9 and our Development Committee.
- Passionate about the mission of Green Foothills.
- B.A./B.S. preferred with an emphasis or concentration in business, marketing, public relations or related field and/or 2-5 years professional nonprofit fundraising, development, marketing experience.
- Proven success in fundraising and/or sales and relationship management.
- People person with exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and achieve results in a team environment.
- Acquire technology skills with ease, proficient working with cloud computing, PC computers, Microsoft Office (mail merge), and Google platforms.
- Experience managing a mailed appeal campaign.
- Spanish or Vietnamese written and verbal fluency a plus.